Saturday 7 January 2012

DO WE LACK IT




When ever I decide to take a book and sit down to study, somehow, even starring a wall seems to be more interesting. 
Showing a school circular to mom would be something I wont remember until I am asked to learn a chapter.

My irritating little cousin would suddenly become the most entertaining person ever when I am supposed to sit alone and prepare for my test next day!
helping my mother with the kitchen work becomes my 'must-to-do duty' during study time, even though it doesn't when I am updating my status on Facebook.
 Does studying brings with it a sense of immediate change and then obviously takes it back because after that when we are doing what we want to, we don't know anyone else around us!
And it is certainly not my counter with studies alone, it's the same story for every child of this generation. 
I have an explanation on why I said 'this generation'
let me narrate to you the story of my grandfather's life.

He never saw his father. His father died when he was in his mother's womb. She was a single parent with five children to look after. obviously it was not easy for them to meet their ends. They had no electricity, no good schools, no fancy uniforms, no tuition and yet an Excellent education!
My grandfather did not have enough money to buy books, he used to borrow them , make notes and study from them. For complete nights he used to study under street lights and work hard. Because he did not want his children to live like he did !

he worked hard and it paid off. He is a retired professor of economics at Sri Ram College, one of the most reputed collages of India.

On the other hand, we despite having all the resources on a silver platter won't like to waste our time on studying.  today, we have excellent books, tuition centers, we study in reputed schools, we have the luxury to sit in an air conditioned room and study, yet we fail to give our best!
We may blame to the distractions around us like the computer, guests at home, an ill relative and what not but what the fact is that we lack IT


 Do we lack time ? No ! Resources? No!
What we lack is DETERMINATION and DEDICATION.

8 comments: